The Winter Haven Community Redevelopment Agency, established in 2000, fosters and promotes community redevelopment activities in two designated districts: Downtown and Florence Villa.
The CRA is a “special district” under Florida Statute. Activities of the CRA are detailed in redevelopment plans customized for each district and include:
- Infrastructure Improvements
- Streetscaping or Beautification
- Affordable Housing
- Recreation & Park Facility Improvements
- Economic Development
- Neighborhood Enhancement
The CRA is operated by a Board of Directors, including the five current City Commissioners and two City residents. The board receives input from two advisory committees, one for each district.
The CRA is primarily funded through Tax Increment Financing (TIF), a process of capturing property tax revenues that would normally go to Polk County and the City. TIF funds are deposited into a Redevelopment Trust Fund that can then be spent on specific projects or used to leverage additional financing for larger projects.
CRA Redevelopment Plans
CRA Boundary Maps
Current CRA Board & Committee Agenda / Agenda Packets
- 2020.11.17 Downtown CRA Advisory Committee Agenda Packet
- 2020.11.19 Florence Villa CRA Advisory Committee Agenda Packet
CRA Annual Report
CRA Tentative Budget
CRA Meeting Schedule
Reserved Parking Program
The City of Winter Haven has the ability to lease up to 10% of all individual spaces located within City-owned parking facilities on a year-to-year basis. This includes spaces located in the Downtown Parking Garage and designated City-owned surface lots. For more information, contact Heather Reuter.
- Reserved Parking Program Information
- Reserved Parking Program Application
- Reserved Parking Program Maps
- Development Incentive Application
- Downtown CRA Facade Grant application
- Florence Villa CRA Facade Grant Application
|Community Redevelopment Agency and Neighborhood Programs Managerfirstname.lastname@example.org|