Per the City Charter, elections for City Commission occur in odd-numbered years on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November. (If a Run-Off election is needed, it would occur the first Tuesday in December.)
The City Clerk serves as the supervisor of elections for all City elections.
2017 RUN-OFF Municipal ElEction Day
The 2017 Run-Off Municipal Election will be held Tuesday, December 5, 2017. Polls will be open from 7a.m. to 7p.m.
ways to vote
There are THREE easy ways to vote! For detailed information on voting by mail, walk-in voting locations, and voting at your precinct (polling locations), click here: Ways to Vote
Polling locations On Tuesday, DECEMBER 5, 2017 – 7am to 7pm
For precinct information and maps to the locations below, click here: Polling Locations
- Calvary Baptist Church (2101 Overlook Drive)
- Chain of Lakes Complex (210 Cypress Gardens Boulevard SW)
- Champions Church (1801 Havendale Boulevard NW)
- First Baptist Church Lucerne Park (5650 State Road 544)
- Samson Masonic Lodge (120 Avenue R NW)
- Winter Haven Senior Adult Center (250 S. Lake Silver Drive NW)
“SAMPLE” BALLOts FOR 2017 RUN-OFF election
Candidates on the 2017 Run-off ELECTION ballot (For Seat #5)
- Steven M. Hunnicutt
- James H. “JP” Powell
Qualifications to Run for City Commission
All requirements must be met:
- Be a registered voter
- Be a registered voter in Polk County
- Live within the City limits of Winter Haven at the time of qualifying
Candidate qualifying has ended. To view the complete 2017 Candidate Packet, click here: Candidate Packet.
The voter registration deadline for the December 5th Run-off Election was November 6th, however other changes can be made prior to Election Day.
Information on voter registration can be obtained by contacting the Polk County Supervisor of Elections Office at (863) 534-5888 or by clicking here: Voter Registration
Applications are also available at the Supervisor of Elections Office, post offices, and libraries.
VOte By Mail Ballots
Vote by mail ballots can be obtained by contacting the Polk County Supervisor of Elections Office at (863) 534-5888 or click here: Mail in Ballot Request Form
- Polk County Supervisor of Elections
- Florida Commission on Ethics
- Florida Division of Elections
- Florida Elections Commission