Members of the Youth Council will experience hands-on activities over the course of the four weeks while gaining a much better understanding of what it takes to work in the field of law enforcement.
The Council consists of approximately 15 members who serve voluntarily and meet every-other week with agency members for a total of four meetings. All sessions are held on Thursdays from 8am – 3pm.
2017 Dates: June 15 – June 22 – July 13 – July 20
Graduation: July 27, 2017 at 11:30 a.m.
Activities for the Council include:
- Experience hands-on scenarios.
- Participate in activities at the Burnam-McCall Training Facility.
- Tour the Polk County Jail, Booking Facility and meet with court officials.
- Ride with a Winter Haven Police Officer for a shift.
- Tour the Polk County Sheriff’s Emergency Communications Center (9-1-1).
Applications are accepted during the month of May with the Council starting after school lets out in June of each year.
For more information, contact Jamie Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 863-291-5858, ext. 2351.