Public Notice – Multimodal Transportation Advisory Committee (MTAC) Vacancies
The City of Winter Haven currently has two (2) seats available on its Multimodal Transportation Advisory Committee (MTAC) and is looking for representation from the Southwest Quadrant (at large seat) and an individual who represents the disabled community or related provider. Please note, seat will be filled based on qualified applications received in the event no one from the respective areas requested applies and term would be for a period of four (4) years. This committee meets quarterly in the Winter Haven City Hall Conference Room, 451 Third Street, NW.
The MTAC, established by Resolution R-14-07, provides guidance and recommendations to the City Commission, staff and community on items such as:
- Feasible implementation of the 2011 system wide “Sidewalk, Pedestrian and Multi-Modal Infrastructure Access Plan”
- Implementation of transportation improvements pertaining to multi-modal movement
- Communication, dialogue and the exchange of ideas, and advocacy for the safe and convenient enjoyment of the community’s multi-modal facilities
- Review of potential projects and initiatives
- Receive public input pertaining to multi-modal transportation infrastructure
If you are a resident, property owner, or business owner within the city limits of Winter Haven and are interested in serving on this Committee, applications may be obtained as follows:
- City’s Website: https://www.mywinterhaven.com/government/city-departments/city-clerk/committees-and-boards/
- By Email: email@example.com
- By Phone: 863-291-5627
- In Person: City Clerk’s office, City Hall, 451 Third Street NW, Winter Haven
All completed applications must be returned to the City Clerk by January 5, 2023.
For more detailed information on this Committee, please contact Andy Palmer, Parks Planning & Strategic Initiatives Manager, at (863) 291-5656.
Vanessa Castillo, MMC, City Clerk