City of Winter Haven Hosts Downtown Parking Study Analysis Review Sessions
The City of Winter Haven and Walker Consultants are hosting a series of meetings related to the Downtown Parking Study. Walker Consultants will be on-site to present the Downtown Parking Study Analysis Recommendations. Public attendance and comment is encouraged.
Full Presentation Schedule:
The public is welcome to attend any of these meetings.
- October 24. Update and presentation of recommendations to the City Commission at the regularly scheduled City Commission meeting at 6 p.m. in the John Fuller Auditorium in City Hall. This presentation will be given by City of Winter Haven Director of Economic Opportunity and Community Investment, Eric Labbe.
- October 25. Overview of the plan and recommendations to stakeholders and interested members of the public. This presentation will be held at the Winter Haven Public Library at 5:30 p.m. The presentation will be made by the Walker Consultants team.
- November 7. Overview of the plan and recommendation to the Downtown CRA Advisory Committee at their regularly scheduled meeting at 4:30 p.m. in the John Fuller Auditorium in City Hal. The Walker Consultants team will present virtually at this meeting.
- November 14. Overview of the plan and recommendation to the CRA Board at a special-called meeting at 5:00 p.m. in the John Fuller Auditorium at City Hall. This meeting will take place immediately prior to the regularly scheduled City Commission meeting. The Walker Consultant team will present in-person.
The City partnered with Walker Consultants, a qualified parking and mobility consultant firm, to prepare a unified and coordinated parking plan to effectively maximize existing and future public parking availability and utilization within its downtown core. Bound by Avenue D NW to the north, Avenue C SW to the south, 6th Street SW to the west, and 1st Street South to the east, the City currently provides as many as 1,300± public parking spaces under a combined on- and off-street mix. Approximately 270± public parking spaces are being provided by the City’s parking structure located in the central vicinity of 3rd Street NW and Avenue A NW. It has been estimated that this parking inventory is often occupied at 70% during typical peak operating hours.
Walker Consultants Team and City Staff have diligently collected public input throughout the analysis phase and have incorporated this input into the analysis to be presented in the coming weeks. This input included stakeholder meetings with key downtown groups and two public open house meetings to collect feedback.
For More Information
- Eric Labbe, Director of Economic Opportunity and Community Investment
863-291-5600 | email@example.com
- Katrina Hill, Director of Public Affairs and Communication
863-291-5600 | firstname.lastname@example.org