Cultural Arts Advisory Committee Vacancy
The City of Winter Haven has one seat available on its Cultural Arts Advisory Committee (CAAC). Please note, Seat 1 will be filled based on qualified applications and the individual appointed to fill Seat 1 will fill the remaining unexpired term and be appointed to a new three-year term to expire September 30, 2021. This committee meets every other month in the conference room at Winter Haven City Hall, 451 Third Street, NW., 33881.
The CAAC, established by Resolutions R-14-13 and R-17-44, provides guidance and recommendations to the City Commission, staff and community on items such as:
- The development of cultural art programs and events;
- Communication, dialogue and the exchange of ideas, and advocacy for the expansion and enjoyment of the community’s cultural art facilities;
- Potential projects and initiatives related to cultural arts;
- Serve as sounding board for public input pertaining to cultural art issues and opportunities; and
- Make recommendations regarding the allocation of City funds for capital expenditures related to cultural arts.
If you are a resident, property owner, or business owner within the city limits of Winter Haven and are interested in serving on this Committee, applications may be obtained as follows:
- City’s Website: https://www.mywinterhaven.com/government/city-commission/committees-and-boards/
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Phone: 863-291-5627
- In Person: City Clerk’s office, City Hall, 451 Third Street NW, Winter Haven, 33881
All completed applications must be returned to the City Clerk by Friday, February 9, 2018. All applications will be reviewed by the Cultural Arts Advisory Committee, with an official recommendation being presented to the City Commission.
For more details on this Committee, please contact Travis Edwards, Parks, Recreation & Culture Director, at (863) 291-5656 or email@example.com.