Public Notice: CULTURAL ARTS ADVISORY COMMITTEE (CAAC) VACANCY
CULTURAL ARTS ADVISORY COMMITTEE (CAAC) VACANCY
The City of Winter Haven currently has three (3) seats available on its Cultural Arts Advisory Committee (CAAC). Seat 5, Seat 6 and Seat 7 will be filled based on qualified applications to fill a three-year term to expire September 30, 2023. This committee meets every other month in the Winter Haven City Hall Conference Room, 451 Third Street, NW.
The CAAC, established by Resolutions R-14-13 and R-17-44, provides guidance and recommendations to the City Commission, staff and community on items such as:
- The development of cultural art programs and events;
- Communication, dialogue and the exchange of ideas, and advocacy for the expansion and enjoyment of the community’s cultural art facilities;
- Potential projects and initiatives related to cultural arts;
- Serve as sounding board for public input pertaining to cultural art issues and opportunities; and
- Make recommendations regarding the allocation of City funds for capital expenditures related to cultural arts.
If you are a resident, property owner, or business owner within the city limits of Winter Haven and are interested in serving on this Committee, applications may be obtained as follows:
- City’s Website: https://www.mywinterhaven.com/government/city-commission/committees-and-boards/
- By Email: email@example.com
- By Phone: 863-291-5627
- In Person: City Clerk’s office, City Hall, 451 Third Street NW, Winter Haven
All completed applications must be returned to the City Clerk by Friday, September 18, 2020. All applications will be reviewed by the Cultural Arts Advisory Committee, with an official recommendation being presented to the City Commission.
For more detailed information on this Committee, please contact Travis W. Edwards, Parks, Recreation & Culture Director, at (863) 291-5656 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vanessa Castillo, MMC