Public Notice – Police Officers’ Retirement System Pension Board VACANCY
The City of Winter Haven is accepting applications to fill one vacant City-appointed seat on its Police Officers’ Retirement System Pension Board.
The board responsibilities are to authorize expenditures, determine eligibility and participation, rules and procedures, invest/re-invest assets of the Retirement System, and perform actuarial studies and valuations of the City of Winter Haven Police Officers’ Retirement System Pension.
The board consists of five (5) trustee members:
- Two (2) of which are elected by police officer members of the pension.
- Two (2) Winter Haven residents appointed by the City Commission; and
- One (1) member chosen by a majority of the other four trustees.
There is a requirement to file a Financial Disclosure Form (Form 1 – Statement of Financial Interests) annually with the Polk County Supervisor of Elections. Term length is 4 years.
This board meets once per quarter for regular meetings in person with additional special meetings if applicable. The remaining upcoming regularly scheduled meetings for 2021 are: July 28 and October 27 at 8:30 a.m. at City Hall, John Fuller Auditorium, 451 Third Street NW, Winter Haven.
If you are interested in serving on this Committee, an application may be obtained as follows:
- City’s Website: https://www.mywinterhaven.com/government/city-departments/city-clerk/public-records/
- By Email: email@example.com
- By Phone: 863-291-5627
- In Person: City Clerk’s office, City Hall, 451 Third Street NW, Winter Haven
All completed applications must be returned to the City Clerk by Monday, May 30, 2021.
For more detailed information on this Board, please contact Shawn Dykes, Human Resources Director, at (863) 291-5650 or firstname.lastname@example.org