- Job Title: IRRIGATION SPECIALIST II – $2,000 Signing Bonus*
- Category: Full-Time
- Application Closing Date: 3/31/23, 5:00 p.m.
- Application: Click Here
The City’s irrigation systems utilize one of our most valuable natural resources (water), and we are looking for someone that will utilize our natural resources wisely while providing exceptional turf and landscape quality. This is your opportunity to explore and utilize state of the art equipment and manage multiple irrigation sites throughout the City of Winter Haven.
Salary and Benefits:
- $14.80 Per Hour Minimum
- Annual Step for Performance Pay Plan
- 12 Paid Holidays Per Year
- 12 Vacation Days Minimum, Earned Per Year
- 12 Sick Days Earned Per Year
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance Benefits
- 401(a) Retirement Plan and Social Security Coverage
- Flexible Education, Training, and Development Opportunities
- Education/Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program – to include Mental Health Assistance/Services
Essential Job Functions:
Performs skilled work under various weather conditions to install, repair, and maintain irrigation systems and components located throughout the City. Assists in the planning, design, and layout of irrigation systems throughout the city. Reads blue-prints and diagrams related to work to be performed. Installs, maintains, troubleshoots, repairs, programs and schedules sprinklers, controllers, lines, wires, wells, drinking fountains, pumps, etc. and upgrades systems as needed. Utilizes small hand and power tools, PVC cutters, and equipment trenchers to perform assigned duties. Conducts routine inspections of irrigation systems to verify proper scheduling and to ensure the system is operating efficiently and within the needs of the landscape. Operates a City vehicle to travel to various locations throughout the City to perform assigned duties. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive listing of essential job functions; the performance of other essential functions may be required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of irrigation systems and components and the restriction of the Southwest Water Management District.
- Ability to install, maintain, program, and schedule irrigation systems and components; read and comprehend blueprints and diagrams; follow oral and written instructions; and safely operate a City vehicle.
- Skill in the use of small hand and power tools, PVC cutters, and equipment trenchers.
- Physical strength and agility sufficient to perform manual labor work under varying weather conditions.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
- Two years’ experience in the irrigation trade, as well as experience in the use of related installation and repair equipment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience that is determined to be directly related to the foregoing specific requirements may be substituted.
- Possession of a valid Florida driver’s license and a good driving record as determined by the City of Winter Haven.
Physical / Environmental Factors:
- Must have the physical ability, strength, and flexibility to perform the job functions in the work environment.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
*$1,000.00 after completion of six month probationary period; $1,000.00 after completion of first year.
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AND A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
Enriching lifestyle through exceptional service.