- Job Title: CONTAINER TECHNICIAN
- Category: Full-Time
- Application Closing Date: 3/31/23, 5:00 p.m.
- Application: Click Here
Seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual to manage the City’s Solid Waste container assets and inventory.
Salary and Benefits:
- $16.32 Per Hour Minimum
- Annual Step for Performance Pay Plan
- 12 Paid Holidays Per Year
- 12 Vacation Days Minimum, Earned Per Year
- 12 Sick Days Earned Per Year
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance Benefits
- 401(a) Retirement Plan and Social Security Coverage
- Flexible Education, Training, and Development Opportunities
- Education/Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program – to include Mental Health Assistance/Services
Essential Job Functions:
This position is responsible for inspecting, maintaining, and repairing both residential and commercial containers used to dispose of solid waste. This includes performing regular maintenance checks, making repairs as needed, delivering containers, scheduling large maintenance repairs, ordering new container inventory, repair equipment, and replacement parts, and maintaining accurate inventory and asset records in an asset management software. Gather asset conditions and collect inventory data to enter into an asset management database. Deliver and retrieve solid waste containers and update records in the asset management system. Use asset management software to control inventory, track useful lifecycle, and total cost of ownership for containers. Inspect containers and determine whether they should be repaired or replaced. Perform minor repairs or schedule major repair work with vendors. Work with the Solid Waste Coordinator to secure procurement avenues for purchase of containers, replacement parts or tools as well as repair services. Monitor inventory levels and prepare/process necessary paperwork for purchasing and repairing containers. Work with commercial customers to determine their container needs. Provide exceptional customer service to both residential and commercial solid waste customers and direct them to the appropriate personnel if unable to assist them. Must be available to perform essential job functions outside of regular work hours for various reasons, including emergency situations where you are deemed essential personnel. Regular work hours include Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive listing of essential job functions; the performance of other essential functions may be required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work independently or with a team.
- Ability to understand and carry out general oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge and skill to make minor container repairs such as replacement of lids and wheels.
- Ability to learn an asset management software, maintain accurate records, and prepare reports.
- Knowledge and understanding of the City of Winter Haven’s procurement manual.
- Ability to perform work requiring physical exertion and operate a motor vehicle safely and skillfully.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Must be able to provide excellent customer service when working with residents and local businesses in regards to their solid waste service. If unable to assist, must be able to direct them to the appropriate parties.
- Must be able to follow proper safety procedures.
- Must have knowledge of state and local regulations in regards to Solid Waste Management and Disposal.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience that is determined to be directly related to the foregoing specific requirements may be substituted.
- Must have a valid class B CDL license and a good driving record as determined by the City of Winter Haven.
- Absence of non-prescribed controlled substances in the applicant’s system as verified by a laboratory approved by the City of Winter Haven.
Physical / Environmental Factors:
- Must have the physical ability, strength, and flexibility to perform the job functions in the work environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AND A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
Enriching lifestyle through exceptional service.