- Job Title: CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE II – RECREATION LEADER (Fieldhouse & Conference Center)
- Category: Full-Time
- Application Closing Date: 2/3/23, 5:00 p.m.
- Application: Click Here
Salary and Benefits:
- $14.80 Per Hour Minimum
- Annual Step for Performance Pay Plan
- 12 Paid Holidays Per Year
- 12 Vacation Days Minimum, Earned Per Year
- 12 Sick Days Earned Per Year
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance Benefits
- 401(a) Retirement Plan and Social Security Coverage
- Flexible Education, Training, and Development Opportunities
- Education/Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program – to include Mental Health Assistance/Services
Essential Job Functions:
Assists in organizing and implementing all aspects of recreational activities. Prepares and disseminates information about programs and leisure opportunities. Operates a computerized customer database. Collects fees for program participation and facility usage; maintains accurate records of fees collected. Operates office and maintenance equipment including but not limited to a computer, cash register, telephone, and other equipment used in conjunction with the operation of recreational facilities and programs. Cleans facility areas as necessary. Maintains accurate facility maintenance records. Orders supplies and maintains a supply inventory. Opens and closes facility. Provides customer service and responds to public inquiries. Assists with summer camp planning and daily activities during summer. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive listing of essential job functions; the performance of other essential functions may be required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of general recreation programs and operating procedures.
- Ability to operate office and maintenance equipment; establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the general public; and use independent judgement and make sound policy compliant decisions about work tasks.
- Through knowledge and skill in the use of computers.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
- One-year experience in organized or specialized recreational activities.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience that is determined to be directly related to the foregoing specific requirements may be substituted.
- Must have a valid Florida Class driver’s license with a good driving record as determined by the City of Winter Haven.
- Absence of non-prescribed controlled substances in the applicant’s system as verified by a laboratory approved by the City of Winter Haven.
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK A FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE INCLUDING EVENINGS, WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS.
Physical / Environmental Factors:
- Must have the physical ability, strength, and flexibility to perform the job functions in the work environment.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
Enriching lifestyle through exceptional service.