- Job Title: HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
- Category: Full-Time
- Application Closing Date: 3/31/23, 5:00 p.m.
- Application: Click Here
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Hiring Range: $74,006 – $94,203
- Annual Pay Adjustments
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 12 Paid Vacation Days
- 12 Paid Sick Days
- Health/Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(a) Retirement Plan
- Tuition and Book Reimbursement for Continued Education, Certifications, and Training
GET TO KNOW WINTER HAVEN
With a history in citrus, lakes, and Americana rock & roll, the Winter Haven, Florida experience is a chorus of modern lifestyle possibilities in harmony with our roots. Winter Haven is where affordable lake living is a reality, and water play is a natural requirement. It’s a place where there’s a concert on every corner and family excitement in every park. It’s a town that chooses to differentiate itself with an understated cool vibe. Arts and culture, playful fun, music fusion, affordable homes, a craft brewery, and local eateries are just a sampling of daily life. And let’s not forget about Winter Haven’s hometown connection to family-friendly LEGOLAND Florida Resort just down the block from the City core.
Winter Haven continues to experience steady, quality growth as it transforms into a distinctively unique City, embracing the values and needs of its residents. Partnerships and a cooperative spirit make Winter Haven an attractive City for new businesses and entrepreneurs. The City’s progress and success are owned by each of its residents, and planning for the future can never stop. Winter Haven is an exceptional destination offering all of life’s desires within its boundaries. The City of Winter Haven staff looks forward to serving its residents, businesses and visitors as we all enjoy Winter Haven’s special lifestyle.
The City of Winter Haven operates under a Council-Manager form of Government. Five elected City Commissioners are responsible for City policy. The City Manager, who reports to the Commission, is responsible for the day-to-day operations of 600+ employees.
Winter Haven is a full-service City, providing services in the areas of Police, Fire, Water & Sewer Utilities, Solid Waste, Roads & Drainage, Building Permitting and Inspections, Planning, Parks & Recreation, Libraries, Cemeteries, and multiple internal support functions. The current population is 53,331; however, the greater service area is estimated at 83,000.
The City recognizes, embraces and celebrates the diversity of our great community and strives to include these unique voices, ideas and cultures in all aspects of City services.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for a Human Resources Manager to join our City Team. Our employees are our most important asset and the HR Manager will help ensure we have a skilled, happy and productive workplace where everyone has a sense of belonging and working to achieve our mission: Enriching Lifestyle Through Exceptional Service.
The HR Manager will report to the Director of Human Resources and be responsible for the administrative and technical work in supervising personnel services for the City. He/She will assist with the City’s personnel program, including recruitment, examination, and selection for diverse groups of occupations. Additionally, the HR Manager will participate in implementing and overseeing the areas of fringe benefit administration, employee training, and continuing maintenance of the classification and pay plans.
The HR Manager will supervise the maintenance of personnel records, development of personnel policies and procedures, administer provisions of personnel policies, and related personnel functions. He/She will conduct salary surveys and studies of employee benefits. The HR Manager will supervise a technical and clerical staff in completion of these tasks.
The City has three unions as part of our workforce for which the HR Manager will assist in labor contract negotiations. He/She will also prepare and present policies on personnel matters to the department, groups, or individual employees. The HR Manager will be expected to evaluate and recommend changes in classification, pay, and related personnel matters, including compiling and presenting data to support recommendations.
The HR Manager may serve as chairperson of various committees, including scheduling and leading meetings, and performing related duties to carry out each committee’s programs.
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive listing of essential job functions; the performance of other essential functions may be required.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related field.
- Three (3) years experience as a Human Resources Manager / Director or equivalent administration.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience that is determined to be directly related to the foregoing specific requirements may be substituted.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of personnel administration.
- Knowledge of the terminology, job content, and qualification requirements of a variety of occupations.
- Knowledge of recent developments in the field of personnel administration.
- Knowledge of statistical concepts.
- Ability to supervise the work of subordinates engaged in personnel administration.
- Ability to analyze facts and to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
PHYSICAL / ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS:
- Must have the physical ability, strength and flexibility to perform the job functions in the work environment.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit MyWinterHaven.com/Careers/ to complete our application. Complete the application and submit, along with a cover letter and resume, to HumanResources@MyWinterHaven.com by March 31, 2023.
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AND A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
Enriching lifestyle through exceptional service.