- Job Title: LANDSCAPE SPRAY TECHNICIAN
- Category: Full-Time
- Application Closing Date: 6/12/23, 5:00 p.m.
- Application: Click Here
Salary and Benefits:
- $14.80 Per Hour Minimum
- Annual Step for Performance Pay Plan
- 12 Paid Holidays Per Year
- 12 Vacation Days Minimum, Earned Per Year
- 12 Sick Days Earned Per Year
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance Benefits
- 401(a) Retirement Plan and Social Security Coverage
- Flexible Education, Training, and Development Opportunities
- Education/Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program – to include Mental Health Assistance/Services
Essential Job Functions:
Performs responsible work in the application and record keeping of chemicals applied to turf and ornamental landscape at City facilities. Performs manual labor work to maintain turf and ornamental landscape throughout City facilities and grounds. Safely operates small to medium road vehicles, tractors, spray equipment and light trailers. Routinely operates and performs preventive maintenance on irrigation systems, including pumps, small electric motors, valves, and micro-jet systems: conducts, modifies, and repairs said systems. Monitors operations of equipment, water usage, and application rates. Maintains written record of observations and activities for use by staff and reporting to regulatory agencies. Makes routine inspections of assigned machinery and work sites. Makes or assists in making repairs to landscape equipment, sprayers, and vehicles. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive listing of essential job functions; the performance of other essential functions may be required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of routine operation and maintenance of a wide variety of turf and landscape equipment, sprayers, and irrigation systems; and of hazards involved in the use of herbicides, insecticides, and fungicides chemicals and equipment and of the safety precautions to be taken.
- Working knowledge of chemical applications related to turf and ornamentals within landscape areas and athletic fields.
- Experience with applicable equipment and proper calibration methods.
- Skills in operating trucks and/or trailers in traffic and confined areas.
- Ability to safely operate equipment for extended periods of time; maintain written records, chemical application forms, and logs; and comprehend and follow oral and written instructions.
- Physical strength and agility to sufficiently perform strenuous laboring tasks under varying environmental conditions.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma. Agricultural, construction, and landscaping experience with emphasis on turf and landscaping equipment operation.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience that is determined to be directly related to the foregoing specific requirements may be substituted.
- Must possess and maintain State of Florida Pesticide Licenses and Green Industries Best Management Practices (BMP’s) Certification.
- Possession of a valid Florida Driver’s license and a good driving record as determined by the City of Winter Haven.
- Absence of non-prescribed controlled substances in the applicant’s system as verified through a screening process administered by a laboratory approved by the City of Winter Haven.
Physical / Environmental Factors:
- Must have the physical ability, strength, and flexibility to perform the essential job functions in the work environment.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AND A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
Enriching lifestyle through exceptional service.