- Job Title: MAINTENANCE MECHANIC I (City’s Facility Division)
- Category: Full-Time
- Application Closing Date: 3/31/23, 5:00 p.m.
- Application: Click Here
Salary and Benefits:
- $14.80 Per Hour Minimum
- Annual Step for Performance Pay Plan
- 12 Paid Holidays Per Year
- 12 Vacation Days Minimum, Earned Per Year
- 12 Sick Days Earned Per Year
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance Benefits
- 401(a) Retirement Plan and Social Security Coverage
- Flexible Education, Training, and Development Opportunities
- Education/Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program – to include Mental Health Assistance/Services
Essential Job Functions:
Performs skilled and semi-skilled, manual labor, repair, maintenance, and construction work in buildings and facilities. Performs plumbing, masonry, painting, electrical, carpentry, and other work involved with the construction, maintenance, and repair of City buildings and facilities. Utilizes small hand tools and power tools such as table saws, routers, ban saws, and other types of equipment to perform assigned work. Cleans, lubricates, and makes minor adjustments to equipment. Receives and responds to work order requests. Assembles necessary materials and supplies to complete maintenance and repair projects. Prepares and maintains written record of assignments, work performed, and materials utilized. Operates motor vehicles to travel to various locations through the City to perform work. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive listing of essential job functions; the performance of other essential functions may be required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A working knowledge of carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting and mechanical work, along with knowledge of building materials and their application; and general knowledge of code regulations governing facility construction, maintenance, and repair practices.
- Knowledge of the component parts and maintenance needs of construction, maintenance, and repair of equipment; and of safety regulations and occupational hazards involved with the operation of tools and equipment.
- Skill in the use of small hand and power tools.
- Ability to understand the many aspects of maintenance buildings; service equipment; and understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
- Two (2) years’ experience in maintenance and repair in the mechanical field.
- Some electrical experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience that is determined to be directly related to the foregoing specific requirements may be substituted.
- Possession of a valid Florida driver’s license and a good driving record as determined by the City of Winter Haven.
- Absence of non-prescribed controlled substances in the applicant’s system as verified through a screening process administered by a laboratory approved by the City of Winter Haven.
- Work schedule: Monday – Friday, generally 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Physical / Environmental Factors:
- Physical strength and agility sufficient to perform assigned work.
- Ability to walk on uneven and/or broken surfaces; to work outdoors under a variety of climatic conditions; to bend, stoop, twist, and stand for long periods of time; and climb stairs and ladders.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AND A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
Enriching lifestyle through exceptional service.