- Job Title: MAINTENANCE OPERATOR I – ACTIVITY FIELDS
- Category: Full-Time
- Application Closing Date: 10/05/22, 5:00 p.m.
- Application: Click Here
Working in the City’s Activity Fields providing excellent service to the public maintaining the City’s athletic fields throughout the City.
Salary and Benefits:
- $14.09 Minimum Per Hour, Pending Job Related Experience
- Annual Step for Performance Pay Plan
- 12 Paid Holidays Per Year
- 12 Vacation Days Minimum, Earned Per Year
- 12 Sick Days Earned Per Year
- Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance Benefits
- 401(a) Retirement Plan and Social Security Coverage
- Flexible Education, Training, and Development Opportunities
- Education/Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program – to include Mental Health Assistance/Services
Essential Job Functions:
Performs manual labor work in preparing and maintaining municipal athletic fields. Work is performed outdoors under adverse weather conditions. Operates groundskeeping equipment including push and tractor type mowers, edgers, weed-eaters, backpack blowers, and light trucks to perform assigned duties. Removes and replaces sod as necessary. Mows, irrigates, fertilizes, and treats turf with insecticides and pesticides that do not require a license to apply. Lays out, reconditions, and prepares playing fields; measures and lays out pitcher’s mound, plates and bases; utilizes a field marker machine to line softball, baseball, and football fields. Performs duties such as cleaning and minor maintenance of facilities and equipment; paints, replaces light bulbs, repairs fences, sprinkler heads, and pipe systems. Sets up and takes down equipment used on fields. Performs general janitorial work that includes sweeping, mopping, collecting, and disposing of trash and litter. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive listing of essential job functions; the performance of other essential functions may be required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of groundskeeping practices, methods, tools, and equipment.
- Ability to safely operate groundskeeping equipment including push and tractor type mowers, edgers, weed-eaters, back pack blowers, etc.; and work outdoors under adverse weather conditions.
- Physical agility, strength, and flexibility to perform the essential job functions without risking the health and safety of oneself or others.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Two years’ experience in general groundskeeping or labor work.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be directly related to the foregoing specific requirements may be substituted.
- Possession of a valid Florida drivers’ license with a good driving record as determined by the City of Winter Haven.
- Absence of non-prescribed controlled substances in the applicant’s system as verified by a laboratory approved by the City of Winter Haven.
Physical / Environmental Factors:
- Must have the physical ability, strength, and flexibility to perform the job functions in the work environment.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Enriching lifestyle through exceptional service.