- Job Title: PART-TIME INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY STUDENT INTERN
- Category: Part-Time
- Application Closing Date: 6/12/23, 5:00 p.m.
- Application: Click Here
- $11.04 per hour minimum, pending knowledge and experience related to the job.
Essential Job Functions:
Assists professional staff with providing computer hardware, software, and technical support to various departments within the City. Assists with the supporting hardware components, desktop operating system software, server hardware, application software, and network systems. Monitors help desk support requests and forwards to staff members as needed. Provides end user support in various levels of technical and non-technical staff. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive listing of essential job functions; the performance of other essential functions may be required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Student must have awareness of the computer hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software; and the technology industry’s current and emerging technology trends and direction, as well as a keen interest in computer based information systems and technology.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems.
- Ability to research and understand technical documentation and an understanding of how to apply various technical resources; perform tasks such as providing operating systems and application software installations and upgrades, virus protections, and eradication; and interact effectively with management, staff, and other City personnel and work independently and/or as part of a team.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Applicants must be enrolled or plan to enroll within six months in high school, college, or university with an emphasis on information technology.
- Student must maintain a minimum 3.0 grade point average.
Physical / Environmental Factors:
- Must have the physical ability, strength, and flexibility to perform the job functions in the work environment.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AND A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
Enriching lifestyle through exceptional service.