- Job Title: TRAFFIC OPERATIONS CREW LEADER
- Category: Full-Time
- Application Closing Date: 9/27/23, 5:00 p.m.
- Application: Click Here
Salary and Benefits:
- $19.82 – $25.22 Hiring Range – PendingExperience / Qualifications
Annual Step for Performance Pay Plan
- 12 Paid Holidays Per Year
- 12 Vacation Days Minimum, Earned Per Year
- 12 Sick Days Earned Per Year
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance Benefits
- 401(a) Retirement Plan and Social Security Coverage
- Education/Tuition Assistance Program; and Training and Development Opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program – to include Mental Health Assistance/Services
Essential Job Functions:
Effectively and safely leads a team of multi-talented employees in carrying out the day-to-day traffic operations and maintenance functions. Effectively manage and provide leadership for traffic operations and maintenance functions, including traffic signals, street lighting, advanced transportation devices, street signing, and pavement markings. Performs conformance inspections of traffic devices under general construction and permit projects; records and maintains performance documents for all field traffic devices. Provides field traffic expertise to the planning and design functions; reviews preliminary and final design plans for field operations and maintenance consistencies. Monitors concerns received internally and from the general public regarding traffic issues and oversees responses as necessary. Coordinates the traffic management center operations with field operations and trains employees on procedures, safety, equipment operation, and emergency procedures. Inspects and reviews work progress of crews; ensures compliance with safety standards and assists field crews with installations, preventive maintenance and repairs of various automatic and electronic traffic control devices and related mechanisms such as controllers, traffic and pedestrian signals, and vehicle detection devices. Prepares reports on equipment usage, materials usage, inventories, and daily activities; prepares budget estimates of materials needed and maintains logs for various records. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive listing of essential job functions; the performance of other essential functions may be required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of the methods, practices, techniques, and materials of the electrical trade and equipment used in traffic signals.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD).
- Skill in the use and care of tools of the electrical trade.
- Ability to read and work from plans and schematics; follow oral and written instructions; operate a personal computer to perform clerical work and work involved with traffic signal progression systems; respond and troubleshoot traffic problems and make emergency repairs; and work outdoors under adverse weather conditions.
- Must be prepared to learn and adapt as new tools, processes, and practices become available.
- Must be able to aid in the development of personnel through coaching and training (will work with the Superintendent to establish development plans for each employee).
- As part of an emergency response unit, must be able to handle a rapid change of direction associated with environmental conditions.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
- Six years of experience in signing, striping, and traffic signal operations, including three years performing electrical work.
- Possession of Advance Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) and International Municipal Signal Association Level III Certifications are required, or the ability to obtain required Certifications within one (1) year from the date of hire.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience determined to be directly related to the foregoing specific requirements may be substituted.
- Must be able to work a varied call shift schedule as needed.
- Possession of or the ability to obtain within (one) 1 year of employment a valid Florida Class B driver’s license with air brake endorsement.
- Must have a good driving record as determined by the City of Winter Haven.
- Absence of non-prescribed controlled substances in the applicant’s system as verified through a screening process administered by a laboratory approved by the City of Winter Haven.
Physical / Environmental Factors:
- Must be able to withstand heights to enter and ascend in the bucket truck.
- Physical agility and strength sufficient to perform the essential job functions, including the ability to lift heavy items, bend, and perform a variety of manual labor-related tasks.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AND A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
Enriching lifestyle through exceptional service.