- This event has passed.
2023 Christmas Boat Parade
Saturday, December 2 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
The City of Winter Haven is proud to host the annual Christmas Boat Parade. The parade will take place on Saturday, December 2nd, beginning at 6:30 p.m. in Lake May.
Please view the Boat Parade Participant Guide for all information regarding launching, route, viewing areas, safety guidelines, and how you can become a Yuletide Champion!
Here are some key takeaways:
- Please do not invite Santa onto your boat. He is great friends with the staff at the City of Winter Haven, and he has agreed to ride with them.
- All boating laws and regulations will be enforced. Please be prepared for a possible inspection by law enforcement.
- Registration is required for anyone who wants to be eligible to win the Yuletide Champion (best-decorated boat) award. The winner will receive a banner to display on their boat next year and a custom-painted oar.
- WHPD will be the lead boat and will indicate the start of the parade with lights and sirens. Please follow WHPD at a maximum of 7mph and keep at least three boat lengths between you and the boat in front of you.
- The parade will begin in Lake May and will travel around Lake Howard, and will end in Lake Shipp.
For more safety information, please review FWC’s Boating Regulations