Welcome to the City of Winter Haven Public Records & Information Center
Use the buttons below to access portals to all City Commission/Planning Commission/Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) meeting agendas, submit a public records request, track progress of your request, retrieve requested document(s), make a payment for record(s) and more. Get answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ’s).
City Clerk Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Where can I obtain a copy of a resolution, ordinance, minutes or other official documents? You may either use the “Submit a City Record Request” button above or contact the City Clerk’s Office at 863-291-5600 or visit us at 451 Third Street, NW, Winter Haven 33881.
- Where do I obtain information regarding a marriage license, divorce, criminal court, traffic ticket, or civil suit? Contact the Polk County Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller at https://www.polkcountyclerk.net/ or 863-534-4000. The City of Winter Haven’s City Clerk’s Office is a separate governmental entity from the Polk County Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller.
- How can I get information concerning property ownership or a listing of surrounding property owners? Contact the Polk County Property Appraiser at https://www.polkpa.org/ or 863-534-4777 (Main Office).
- Where can I obtain a copy of a birth certificate or a death certificate? Contact the Polk County Department of Health at https://polk.floridahealth.gov/ or 863-519-7900.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: Any request for information is considered a public record and your request may be made public. However, requests for public records may be made anonymously and are not required to be submitted in writing.
All correspondence and e-mail(s) sent to and from the City of Winter Haven, Florida, including e-mail addresses and content, are subject to the provisions of the Florida Public Records Law, Florida Statute Chapter 119, and may be subject to disclosure.
All municipal records, with the exception of exempt records identified by Florida Statutes 119.07, are public record and open for personal inspection by anyone. Access to public records is available during normal working hours – Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. “Reasonable” time, as it relates to time needed to retrieve records and/or complete a request for public record is not defined by Florida Statute. “Reasonable” response time will depend on the complexity of the request for public record, location of records and work schedule of staff needed to provide records.
Florida Statute 119.07(4) generally allows copy fees of 15 cents for one-sided copies and 20 cents for double-sided copies. Most requests for public records will be provided at no charge by paper or electronically. More detailed requests for public records may include charges authorized by state statute for copying, supplies, such as CDs or DVDs, postage, and extensive use of technology resources or extensive clerical and/or supervisory assistance needed to provide requested records. There is no charge for staff time of 30 minutes or less required to provide public records. All fees shall be paid prior to delivery of requested records.
The City’s Custodian of Public Records:
- Vanessa Castillo, BAS, MMC, City Clerk
863-291-5627; City Hall, 451 3rd St. NW, 33881
- LaTonya Harris, City Historian and Archivist / Deputy City Clerk email@example.com 863-291-5628; City Hall, 451 3rd St. NW, 33881
Custodian of Records for Police Matters:
Custodians of Records for City Pension Plans:
- Colleen “CJ” Scott, Finance Director, General Employees’ Plan
863-291-5667; 551 Third St. NW, 33881
- HYN Consulting, Firefighters’ and Police Officers’ Retirement Systems
727-559-7333; 801 W Bay Dr Suite 502, Largo, FL 33770