The Engineering Services Division is responsible for the technical review of development drawings and provides inspection services to ensure development construction activities are in compliance with City codes and regulations; provides in-house design, permitting, specifications, and bid documents of specific capital improvement projects; administers the City’s Community Rating System (CRS) program; maintains floodplain management data; and assists in the implementation of the City’s National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)-Stormwater Program; provides assistance to the Utility Services Department in calculating the utilities services impact fees for various developments; provides technical assistance to other departments in the implementation of various capital and transportation improvement projects; provides field survey support and review of surveying documents; and maintains as-built/record drawings of development activities and in-house projects.
The Engineering Services also provides the following services:
- Provides technical information to the Development Review Committee regarding proposed subdivision plans and commercial developments.
- Conducts pre-construction meetings.
- Processes commercial utility service applications and calculates applicable impact fees.
- Processes Right-of-way use permit applications and provides required inspections.
- Provides available Elevation Certificate data.
- Provides available floodplain management data:
- Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRM) dated December 22, 2016.
- Flood Insurance Study by FEMA dated December 22, 2016.
- LOMA Applications
- Provides utilities atlas information of existing City’s utilities.
Engineering Services Forms
- Commercial Utility Service Application
- Development Checklist
- Engineering Services Work Order
- Engineering Services Work Permit
- Pipe Pressure Test Form
- Property Value Form – Potable Water System
- Property Value Form – Wastewater System
- Property Value Form – Reuse Water System
- Right of Way Use Permit Application
- Elevation Certificates Records
- Guidance on Development of a Parcel Located in the Floodplain
- Engineering Services Quick Reference Guide
- Flood Insurance Study (FIS), Volume 1 of 3 dated December 22, 2016
- Flood Insurance Study (FIS), Volume 2 of 3 dated December 22, 2016
- Flood Insurance Study (FIS), Volume 3 of 3 dated December 22, 2016
- CRS Community Certifications
- City of Winter Haven Unified Land Development Code
- City of Winter Haven Standard Technical Specifications (pdf)
- City of Winter Haven Standard Detail Link (pdf)
- City of Winter Haven Standard Detail Drawings (Dwg)
- City of Winter Haven Utilities Rates and Fees
- FDOT Standard Plans for Road Construction
- FDOT Temporary Traffic Control (TTC)/Maintenance of Traffic (M.O.T.)
- FEMA Elevation Certificate Form and Instructions
- FEMA Map Service Center
- Flood Smart – National Flood Insurance Program
- Polk County GIS Viewer
- Polk County Property Appraiser GIS
- FDEP Application and Clearance Forms for a Project Served by WWTP #2
- FDEP Application and Clearance Forms for a Project Served by WWTP #3
- Department of Health General Permit Application Form
- Department of Health Request for Clearance Form
- Floodplain Management Requirements for Agricultural Structures and Accessory Structures, Effective February 2020
|Department Assistantemail@example.comOffice: (863) 291-5695 ext. 6305|
|Construction Inspectorfirstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: (863) 291-5850 x6403|
Amin Hanhan, P.E.
|City Engineeremail@example.comOffice: (863) 298-5480|
G.D. “Willie” Nabong, P.E., CPM, CFM
|Assistant City Engineer/Floodplain Administratorfirstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: (863) 291-5855|
|Surveying and Mapping Specialistemail@example.comOffice: (863) 298-5486|
|Engineering Designer Ifirstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: (863) 291-5850 x6405|
|Construction Project Manageremail@example.comOffice: (863) 291-5850 x6402|
|Lead Construction Inspectorfirstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: (863) 291-5850 x6404|