The Planning Division focuses on community development; regulating and enforcing the vast number of codes, laws, acts, regulations and ordinances related to development and construction within the City of Winter Haven; and maintains high standards throughout and after the development process.
Additionally, the following entities are managed by the Planning Division:
- Planning Commission
- Development Review Committee (DRC)
- Development Special Magistrate
Zoning & Future Land Use Maps
The City of Winter Haven is utilizing the Gridics map platform to provide an interactive experience for the City’s Zoning Map and 2025 Future Land Use Map and a parcel zoning check to look up zoning and property data.
Planning Meetings & Deadlines Schedules
Note: There will not be a March Development Special Magistrate meeting.
Development Special Magistrate Agendas
Typically, the agenda is posted one week prior to the Development Special Magistrate meeting date. Below are the most recent Development Special Magistrate agendas. For past agendas, contact the Planning Division to request a copy.
Site Plan Review
All applications and plans should be submitted to the Planning Division through our online portal.
City of Winter Haven ProjectDox Portal
When utilizing the above link, the following steps should be followed:
- Create an account/Log into an existing account
- Submit a site plan application
- Pay applicable review fees
- Upload plans and documents
If you have any questions, please contact Chris Young.
All applications for plat review should be submitted to the Planning Division. If you have any questions, please contact Chris Young.
Planning Fee Schedule
- Application for a Variance
- Application for a Zoning Change
- Application to Amend Future Land Use Map
- Application for a Planned Unit Development
- Application to Amend a Planned Unit Development
- Application for Special Approval
- Application for Appeal of Special Use Approval Decision
- Application for Development Review Committee
- Application for Site Plan Approval
- Application for Subdivision Plat
- Application to Vacate a Plat
- Application for Vacating Streets Alleys and Public Ways and Redirecting Traffic
- Application for Vacating Public Easements
- Application for a Sidewalk Cafe
- Application for Communication Tower Special Use Approval
- Petition Consent for Annexation
- Application for Alcohol License Zoning Review
City of Winter Haven’s Unified Land Development Code
The City’s Unified Land Development Code (ULDC), which includes the zoning and the land development regulations for properties located within Winter Haven can be accessed in Winter Haven’s Code of Ordinances. The ULDC is located in Chapter 21. If you have any questions or have trouble accessing the Code provisions, please contact staff and we can assist you.
- Department of Transportation
- Florida Chapter of American Planning Association
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection
- Florida Department of State
- Florida Division of Historical Resources
- Florida League of Cities
- Florida Legislature
- Florida Planning and Zoning Association
- Florida Trust for Historic Preservation
- Southwest Florida Water Management District
- State of Florida
- University of Florida: Bureau of Economic & Business Research (BEBR)
- American Planning Association (APA)
- Geographical Information Systems
- International City/County Management Association
- National Arbor Day Foundation
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Planners Web (Planning Commissioners Journal)
- United States Census Bureau
Sean Byers, AICP
|Planning Managerfirstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: (863) 291-5600 x6106|
Heather Reuter, CPM
|Senior Planneremail@example.comOffice: (863) 291-5600 x6104|
|Senior Plannerfirstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: (863) 291-5600 x6103|
|Planning Assistantemail@example.comOffice: (863) 291-5600 x6107|