The City of Winter Haven Public Works Department was established to align service and maintenance related elements to the City. There are four divisions consisting of management, administration, and a dedicated staff of frontline workers.
- Streets, Drainage & Traffic Ops – Maintenance of the City’s public rights-of-way including streets, sidewalks, trees, signalized intersections and highway lighting.
- Maintains and manages the City’s stormwater conveyance system.
- Natural Resources – Management of the City’s public lakes, waterways, and natural areas.
- Solid Waste – Collection of refuse, recycling, yard debris, and bulk material for residential and commercial customers.
- Fleet Maintenance – General maintenance and repair of all the vehicles in the City’s fleet inventory.