winter-haven-w help-circle

COVID-19: Impacts and Updates: Click here to view COVID-19 information, update and resources.

WH paddle boarding couple
Solid Waste

Electronic and Household Hazardous Waste

City residents may dispose of unwanted electronic equipment and household hazardous waste (HHW) at the Polk County Household Hazardous Waste Day event for free, on the first Saturday of December. Electronics that will be accepted include: computers, monitors, laptops, VCR’s, televisions, cameras, microwaves, etc. Household Hazardous Waste items that will be accepted are: paint cans, paint thinner, aerosols, fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides, car/boat batteries, motor oil, etc.

For the disposal of household hazardous waste for the other months of the year, residents can contact the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility at the North Central Landfill located at 5 Environmental Loop S. in Winter Haven. They can be reached at 863-284-4319.