The City of Winter Haven encourages residents to reduce, reuse, and recycle. Our curbside recycling service is designed to be simple. Just put all your household recyclables in your 35 or 65-gallon roll cart and place it at the curb or edge of pavement on your scheduled collection day, once a week. The blue containers are provided to single and multi-family residences within the City of Winter Haven limits.
Recycling Collection Guidelines
- Place recycle container at the curb by 7 A.M. allowing at least 3 feet of clearance between container and any other item.
- Rinse and wipe out contents of cans and bottles before recycling.
- Place materials loosely in the recycle container.
- For questions, concerns or to report a problem, please call the Solid Waste department at 863-291-5756 or email us at SolidWaste@Mywinterhaven.com
Approved Recyclable Materials are
- Newspaper (including inserts)
- Phone Books
- Aluminum (cans/pans/foil)*
- Plastic Containers*
- Gable-Topped Containers*
- Cardboard, cereal boxes or cardboard egg cartons
- Steel (tin) Cans or containers*
- Most gallon and half gallon, translucent plastics (no colored plastics), milk, juice, or water jugs.*
*Please rinse out the contents of these items before placing them in your recycling bin.
Non-Recyclable Materials are
- Styrofoam, such as to-go food containers
- Soiled or food stained material
- Containers with hazardous waste
- Plastic bags*
*If you would like to recycle plastic bags, you may return them to your local grocery store.
To conserve our valuable natural resources, save energy, clean air and water and save landfill space. Remember these facts: each ton of recycled paper can save 17 trees, 380 gallons of oil, three cubic yards of landfill space, 4,000 kilowatts of energy and 7,000 gallons of water!
If you have any questions about your recycling service or would like to report a problem, please reach out to us at 863-291-5756 or email us at SolidWaste@Mywinterhaven.com