The City of Winter Haven encourages residents to reduce, reuse and recycle. Our Curbside recycling service is designed to be simple. Just put all your household recyclables in your 35 or 65-gallon roll cart and place it at the curb or edge of pavement on your scheduled collection day, once a week. The blue containers are provided to single and multi-family residences within the City of Winter Haven limits.
Recycling Collection Guidelines
- Place recycle container at the curb by 7 A.M. allowing at least 3 feet of clearance between container and any other item.
- Rinse and wipe out contents of cans and bottles before recycling.
- Place materials loosely in the recycle container.
- To report problems, please call the Solid Waste department at 863-291-5756 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Approved Recyclable Materials are
- Newspaper (including inserts)
- Phone Books
- Aluminum (cans/pans/foil)
- Plastic Containers (#1-7)
- Gable-Topped Containers
- Cardboard, cereal boxes or cardboard egg cartons
- Steel (tin) Cans or containers
- Most gallon and half gallon, translucent plastics (no colored plastics), milk, juice or water jugs.
To conserve our valuable natural resources, save energy, clean air and water and save landfill space. Remember these facts: each ton of recycled paper can save 17 trees, 380 gallons of oil, three cubic yards of landfill space, 4,000 kilowatts of energy and 7,000 gallons of water!
If you have any questions about your recycling service, please reach out to us at 863-291-5756 or 863-291-5757.