Residential Garbage CollectionThe Solid Waste Division services all residences within Winter Haven City limits.
Services we provide:
- Weekly automated garbage collection
- Weekly automated recycling collection
- Weekly yard waste collection
- Weekly bulk collection (for large items or piles, please call or email us to schedule a pickup)
In need of a container?
We can help! Give us a call and our staff will happily deliver a City-approved garbage container.
Which container is best for my household?
We have three container options available for residential garbage collection:
- 35 gallons – holds 2-3 tall kitchen bags
- 65 gallons – holds 4-5 tall kitchen bags
- 95 gallons – holds 7-8 tall kitchen bags
Garbage Collection Guidelines
- Place all items inside the provided container. All garbage must be bagged and securely tied.
- Place container(s) curbside or roadside by 7:00 AM on your collection day. Do not place container(s) on sidewalks, streets, or on neighboring property.
- Keep containers at least three feet away from other containers, mailboxes, fire hydrants, low-hanging trees/shrubs, and utility poles.
- Do not load your container with hot ashes or coals, recyclable items, yard waste, household hazardous waste, medical waste, paint, or electronics