COVID-19: City of Winter Haven
The City of Winter Haven is continuously monitoring the impacts of COVID-19. Thank you for working together to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Click this link for testing information throughout Polk County. https://www.polk-county.net/covid-19/covid-19-testing-sites
There is more and more information online about COVID-19 vaccine opportunities to register, be placed on a waiting list and sometimes even to schedule an appointment. Right now, Florida Health is vaccinating certain people including healthcare workers and those over 65 years of age. Click here for the details:
Governor Ron DeSantis recently announced more businesses will be offering the vaccine in the near future, and the following links may be of assistance. It is not a complete list, but a good resource to get you started. When visiting these sites, have prepared the information you may need to register or even apply for a vaccine. This could include name, birthdate, phone number, email address, insurance/Medicare numbers and additional contact information. Another tip is to know the zip code of the businesses you might be interested in traveling to for the vaccine. It can help with the search and scheduling.
Sam’s Club: samsclub.com/covid
Fresco y Más: www.frescoymas.com/pharmacy/covid-vaccine
Harveys Supermarket: www.harveyssupermarkets.com/pharmacy/covid-vaccine
Central Florida Health Clinic: https://www.cfhconline.org/
If you have been financially affected by COVID-19, you are potentially eligible for additional assistance. Click HERE for details.
FREE Face MASKS
In response to stop the spread of Covid-19, the City of Winter Haven is offering free face masks at a number of City facilities while supplies last. The following facilities will provide up to three disposable face masks per person.
- City Hall (Reception Desk) Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Winter Haven Recreational and Cultural Center (inside main lobby) Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- AdventHealth Fieldhouse (Reception Desk) Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Winter Haven Public Library Walk-Up Window (North side of building off the parking lot) Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Friday – Saturday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- City Hall Annex, Account Services (Payment window) Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Police Department (Main Lobby) Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Florida Citrus Building (Main Lobby) Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Face Coverings Required Inside City Government Facilities
CITY ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES AND MEETINGS
Customers are encouraged to use online services whenever possible, such as for utility billing payments and public records requests.
City Meeting Changes and Cancellations
- Communications Media Technology (CMT) is used for public meetings. Public meetings are held in City facilities and the public is welcome to attend in person. Should you wish to participate virtually, directions will be published for each meeting on the NEWS & UPDATES portion of the main Winter Haven website page (www.mywinterhaven.com). Please call the City Clerks office at 863-291-5600 during business hours should you have questions. The public is invited to listen to or watch certain public meetings by visiting www.facebook.com/winterhavenflorida/ where meets will be live streamed. Formal meeting public comment is not available on Facebook Live.
- The Code Enforcement Special Magistrate meetings are held at Nora Mayo Hall for social distancing purposes.
Human Resources (HR)
The HR offices are now located on the second floor of the Florida Citrus Building at 500 Third Street Northwest. Once you enter the building, use the stairs or elevator to the second floor where you will find the offices. Staff is also available by phone 863-291-5650 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. They are ready to assist with any HR related questions or requirements in an applicant’s job search process.
Winter Haven Public Safety Department
The Winter Haven Police Department lobby is open for walk-in traffic from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. The lobby will be deep cleaned at the beginning of each day with periodic sanitizing conducted throughout the day. Citizens who are exhibiting flu-like symptoms are asked to not enter the facility.
The Police Department Records Division located inside of the lobby is open; however, police reports and other records requests can be obtained by calling 863-291-5858 from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Reports can be mailed, emailed or faxed to customers.
To pay a downtown parking ticket, go to www.winterhavenpd.com. Scroll to the “Online Services” area and the link for payment is on the page. A payment extension will be in place for those unable to use the online options with customers being notified of payment due once the lobby opens back up to the public.
Online reporting option for non-emergency calls include Lost/Stolen Bicycle, Criminal Mischief, Fraud/Identity Theft/Forgery, Lost/Stolen Cell Phone and Lost/Stolen Vehicle Tag or Decal. Those options are available on the website as well as the Department’s smart phone app. Click HERE for online reporting. Download the Winter Haven PD app from your smart phone app store. Please call 9-1-1 immediately should you have an emergency. For non-emergency situations, call 863-401-2256.
All City Fire Station lobbies are open. Call (863) 291-5677 should you have questions or need non emergency services such as fire or incident reports, fire inspections, fire plan review or BTR reviews.
The Winter Haven Fire Department has suspended public education programs and non-essential fire inspections. Winter Haven firefighters continue to respond to all 9-1-1 calls. Fire personnel are taking extra precautions by wearing additional protective gear.
Public Safety staff undergoes regular medical surveillance to make certain personnel are not displaying symptoms of sickness. The Public Safety Department is prepared with contingency plans to address various situations that could be brought about by COVID-19.
Parks, Recreation and Culture Department
City parks, facilities, boat ramps and operations are open. Continue to follow social distancing practices. Please do not place yourself in a large gathering. Enjoy the facilities while respecting the health of others. Please contact the Parks, Recreation and Culture Department at 291-5656 for further information regarding events, athletics classes, rentals and facility closures.
Winter Haven Public Library
The Winter Haven Public Library is open Monday through Thursday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Friday and Saturday 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. There are new services available to help keep you and your family safe while still having access to materials, summer fun and resources!
Access Library Services Without Entering the Building
- The Full-Service Walk-Up Window is located on the north side of the building. It is open Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. & Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Download our new Mobile App
- Search “Polk County Library Cooperative” in your App Store
- Login with your Library card number and PIN
- Get access to new features including linking family accounts, quick access to WiFi Printing, our new personal Shopper service, and more!
Try our New Personal Shopper Service
- Answer a few questions about your book preferences and our librarians will hand-pick some recommendations for you!
City Water Department Information
Winter Haven Utility Customer Services is open in the City Hall Annex. One payment window is open and one customer is permitted in the lobby at a time. Social distancing markings are on the walkway, hand sanitizing stations are available, face masks are worn by staff, and the public is encouraged to wear face coverings. Those who need to create new accounts, transfer an account or close an account can complete the information online at wh2o.mywinterhaven.com/portal/ or by appointment by calling 863-291-5678.
To make a payment, customers can:
- Mail –Winter Haven Utilities Office, PO Box 2277, Winter Haven, FL 33883
- Utility Bill Drop Box located in the City Hall Annex parking lot
- Online Utility Portal – https://wh2o.mywinterhaven.com/portal/
- Mobile App – download “WH2o” in Google Play or Apple Store
- 24HR Interactive Voice Response (1-855-270-3592) – allows customers to make payment anytime with credit or debit card. Customers can also pay by entering their checking account information.
To submit an application for new service or to transfer service:
- Applications for new utility accounts are located on line at https://www.mywinterhaven.com/utilities/about/account-services/start-or-stop-services/ and can be completed and electronically emailed to email@example.com, faxed to 863-298-7870, or placed in the drop box in the parking lot located at 551 3rd St. NW.
For more information, call Utility Customer Services at 863-291-5678.
Solid waste collection services continue as scheduled. Solid waste collection loads are heavier than usual, which causes delays in collection. We ask you to be patient as crews work hard to keep up with the volume.
Department of Economic Opportunity and Community Investment
Building & Engineering Divisions located at 490 3rd Street NW remain open for business. However, to ensure the safety of our customers and staff we are no longer taking walk in customers. All necessary applications and forms can be found in a box outside the door. Place your completed application and/or form in the box, and they will be collected for processing. The customer will then be contacted and payments will be taken over the phone (via credit card or check). To contact the Building Division please call 863-291-5695. To contact the Engineering Division please call 863-291-5850.
Winter Haven Regional Airport
The Airport Administration Office will be practicing separation distancing between customers and employees per CDC guidance.
Self-service fuel points will be the preferred method of refueling; however, line refueling services will be available using proper personal protective equipment for line staff. We request that customers continue to practice social distancing (Six (6) feet or more) while the line service technicians are present. Self-service fuel points will continue to be cleaned and the portable restroom and hand-washing station will remain in place.
Hours of operation for the FBO will remain 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., seven (7) days a week. The Administration Office will also maintain regular hours of 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Flightline Café is open Tuesday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
City Electronic Resources
Information and updates will be placed on this site as well as the City’s social media accounts (links below). Please check back regularly.
Below are various links to COVID-19 related resources.