The Winter Haven Public Library provides a place to improve the quality of life for our city’s diverse communities by offering accessible information, ideas, books and technology that enhance and contribute to individual knowledge, enlightenment and enjoyment.
The Winter Haven Public Library wasn’t always owned and operated by the City of Winter Haven.
The Library was founded in 1910, by a group of civic minded young men. Many people helped the library during its early days; Dr. Mary Jewett, the Inman Family, and the Woman’s Club to name a few. The Woman’s Civic League assumed sponsorship of the library in 1915, and in 1952, the City of Winter Haven took over management and daily library operations.
Many historical pictures and documents about the Library have been digitized and are available online.