The Real Florida Reader Pass
The Florida Department of State Division of Library and Information Services and Florida State Parks have partnered to provide public library card holders a new opportunity this summer! Use your library card to checkout a Real Florida Reader State Park Pass for day-use entry to Florida’s state parks for free!
With the Real Florida Reader Day Pass, your library card is your pass to adventure at Florida’s 175 state parks! Continue learning and exploring new places this summer for free with your library card.
How the program works:
- The Winter Haven Public Library has two (2) Real Florida Reader State Park Passes. Adults can check out a pass on a first come, first served basis. One pass per household.
- The Real Florida Reader State Park Pass is for day-use entry and is valid only at Florida state parks, excluding Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife, Skyway Pier, and Weeki Wachee Springs state parks. The pass is not accepted at local, municipal, county, or federal parks, national forests, or national wildlife refuges.
- The Real Florida Reader State Park Pass is good for one vehicle, up to eight people. It does not cover activity fees or entry to special events, museums or boat tours, boat launching, rentals, or overnight camping or lodging.
- When you checkout a Real Florida Reader State Park Pass, you will receive a rear view mirror hang tag for your vehicle. Display the hang tag for admission.
- The pass checks out for seven (7) days and should be returned to the library where it was checked out.
- Passes are valid from May 21st through September 12th.
- Florida State Park Map
For additional information contact the library at 863-291-5880