The Library has 12 adult computers, 4 children’s computers and 9 Chromebook laptops available for public use. Computers have a daily usage limit of 90 minutes and Chromebooks have a daily usage limit of 120 minutes. The guidelines below define the age breakdown, usage limitations, guest passes and more.
guidelines for public computer use
Visit the Library for your business and copy service needs. Self-service copying, in-house & wireless printing, as well as staff-offered faxing and scanning services are available.
COPYING | PRINTING | FAXING | SCANNING
The Library has a copier for public use. With its convenient document feeder you can print multiple pages at one time, either single sided or double.
- Letter paper (8 1/2″ x 11″): b/w $.15 per page side, color $.25 per page side.
- Legal-sized paper (8 1/2″ x 14″): b/w $.15 per page side, color $.25 per page side.
- Can pay with nickels, dimes, quarters, $1, $5
Print from any Library Computer
- Valid library card from any Polk County Library required
- Printing costs: black/white 15¢ per page; color 25¢ each per page. Double-sided printouts count as two (2) pages.
- Can pay with nickels, dimes, quarters, $1 bills, $5 bills.
- 100 page limit
- Unless it is the fault of the printer, blank pages will not be refunded. It is recommended that Print Preview is used to view and select page(s) to be printed.
- Users may not supply their own paper or labels for printing documents due to possible printer jams or confusion with the print queue.
- The Print Release Station deletes print jobs after twenty-four (24) hours. Once deleted, they cannot be retrieved.
Print from personal devices via Wi-Fi
You can print your saved document, non-secure webpage (doesn’t have https in the web address), email and email attachments from your computer, laptop, tablet or phone. No need to be inside the library – you can print from any location with internet access.
Free faxing is provided as a courtesy for patrons. A maximum of 25 pages per person, per day is allowed. The library does not accept any incoming faxes or replies.
Faxing services are for out-going faxes only. The Winter Haven Public Library cannot receive faxes.
Faxing confirmation is available upon request. Fax confirmation only confirms that the fax was sent successfully from our system not that it was received.
A maximum of 50 pages per person, per day can be scanned to an email or a USB drive, which you must provide. There is no charge for this service.