What is auto renewal?
Eligible physical library items will auto-renew one (1) day before the due date. The new due date will be based on the date of renewal and the loan period for that item (ex. a book due January 3rd would be renewed on January 2nd and have a new due date of January 16th). This service will automatically renew checked out books, DVDs and CDs, up to three times.
How will I know if my items are eligible for renewal?
Users who have elected to receive notices via email will get a courtesy notice to let them know the item(s) has successfully renewed.
What happens if my items are not eligible for renewal?
If an item does not auto-renew, users with SMS text or email library notices will receive a courtesy notice that the item did not renew and is due the next day. Items not eligible for renewal will retain their original due date.
Items will not auto-renew if:
- The item does not allow renewals (i.e. Express items)
- The item has a hold (another patron is waiting for it)
- The item has reached its renewal limit (3 renewals)
- Your card is expired
- An overdue notice has been sent for one or more items currently checked out on your account
- They are digital items, such as eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMovies, eMusic, etc.
- They are Interlibrary Loan (ILL) items
Do I lose days on the auto-renewal?
No. The due date advances the appropriate amount based on the material type and the original due date.