winter-haven-w help-circle
Parks, Recreation & Culture

Special Events

*** NOTICE: There has been a mobile food vendor code change within the City of Winter Haven. If you are planning on selling food at your special event please note your vendors will likely need a Mobile Food Vendor Permit.  The Mobile Food Vending Permit application and required supporting documentation as outlined in the application can be submitted in person at City Hall to the Planning Division or via email to Heather Reuter at  However,  the Planning Division does not have the ability to take payment via credit card.  They accept a check made out to the City of Winter Haven or exact cash.  Any questions regarding this code should be directed to Growth Management at (863) 291-5600. ***

Mobile Food Vendor Packet

Special Events help build a sense of belonging and community pride. The Office of Special Events, as a part of the Parks, Recreation & Culture Division, exists to serve the community and to guide event planners through the special event permitting process. All reservations for special events, such as festivals, runs / walks, parades, block parties, and citywide holiday celebrations that occur on public property are initiated with our office.

The City of Winter Haven has created a user-friendly, one-stop process to facilitate a successful event. Our Customers’ Guide to Special Events is designed to provide you with the necessary information about permitting, planning, and producing your event. We request Special Event applications not be handwritten. If unable to type and submit application online, please contact the Parks, Recreation & Culture Division.

Customer Guide to Special Events

Special Event Application

Planning Maps: Central ParkMLK Park


Brittany Overstreet
Special Events & Marketing Coordinator