Members of the Youth Council will experience hands-on activities over the course of the four weeks while gaining a much better understanding of what it takes to work in the field of law enforcement.
The Council consists of approximately 15 members who serve voluntarily and meet every-other week with agency members for a total of four meetings. All sessions are held on Tuesdays from 8am – 3pm.
2016 Dates: June 14 – June 21 – July 12 – July 19
Activities for the Council include:
- Experience hands-on scenarios.
- Participate in activities at the Burnam-McCall Training Facility.
- Tour the Polk County Jail, Booking Facility and meet with court officials.
- Ride with a Winter Haven Police Officer for a shift.
- Tour the Polk County Sheriff’s Emergency Communications Center (9-1-1).
Applications are accepted during the month of May with the Council starting after school lets out in June of each year.
Start the application process here by downloading the PDF version and submit to the Police Department.
For more information, contact Jamie Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 863-291-5858, ext. 2351.