Building Division Office Hours: M-F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Permits and Business Tax Receipts are only issued until 3:00 pm.
Building Permit Portals
Access the Esuite Portal for:
- Public Building Permit Information Search
- Contractor Account / Inspection Results / View Fees
Access the Eplans Portal for:
- Online Building Permits Applications
- Plan Review and Application Status
- Downloading Approved Permit Documents
For assistance with account activation please call (863) 291-5695.
Please send one email with all the required documents to the Permit Specialist. Their contact information is at the bottom of this page.
Business Tax Receipts
The Building Division issues Business Tax Receipts to all businesses and organizations within the city limits of Winter Haven.
The Business Tax Receipt renewal fees are due October 1st every year.
Prior to starting a Business please check the following:
- Zoning Requirements
- Fire Protection Requirements
- License / Certification Requirements
Please complete the application and submit it with all the supporting documents to the Business Tax Specialist.
References for Business
- Polk County Business Tax Receipts
- Florida Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco
- Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation
- Florida Division of Corporations
- Florida Division of Hotels and Restaurants (Food Service)
Building Permit Inspection Requests
Email Buildinginspections@mywinterhaven.com and supply the following information:
- Permit Number
- Site Address
- Type of Inspection
- Contact Number
Requests must be made by 7 a.m. for same day inspections.
For Fire Inspections, please allow 48 hours for inspection to be scheduled.
An inspection can also be requested by calling (863) 298-7598 and leaving a voicemail.
All required documentation (approved plans, truss engineering, permit placard, etc.) must be on the job site, accessible to the inspector, and protected from the weather. Any deviation may result in work delays and/or re-inspection fees imposed.
Information for Private Providers
For new projects please submit documents with the permit application or to the Permit Specialists. Email Inspection Reports and The Final Certificate of Compliance to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Final Affidavit for Building Code Inspection Services
- Final Affidavit re Duly Authorized Rep. and Employment
- Final Affidavit re Plan Compliance
- Final Certificate of Compliance
- Registration Submittal Packet
- Notice to Building Official
BUILDING DIVISION FORMS AND APPLICATIONS
- Building Permit Application
- County & City Impact fees for Single Family
- Demolition Permit Application
- Dock Requirements
- Driveway Connection Approval Application
- Notice of Commencement
- Owner Disclosure Statement
- Re-Roof Affidavit
- Residential Swimming Pool Safety Requirements
- Schedule of Permit Fees
- Sign Permit Requirements
- Submittal Requirements
- Tent Application
- Building Officials Association of Florida
- Florida Building Code Information System – BCIS
- Florida Building
- ICC International Code Council
- Florida Department of Motor Vehicles
|Building Officialemail@example.comOffice: (863) 291-5695 ext. 6306|
|Plans Examinerfirstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: (863) 291-5695 ext. 6302|
|Fire Plans Examineremail@example.comOffice: 863-291-5695 x6309|
|Inspectorfirstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: (863) 291-5695 ext. 6303|
|Inspectoremail@example.comOffice: (863) 291-5695 x6304|
|Department Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: (863) 291-5695 x6307|
|Department Assistantemail@example.comOffice: (863) 291-5695 ext. 6305|
|Permit Specialistfirstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: (863) 291-5695 ext. 6308|
|Permit Specialistemail@example.comOffice: (863) 291-5695 ext. 6401|
|Business Tax Specialistfirstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: (863) 291-5695 x6411|