eSuite Online Permit/Inspection Portal
The City of Winter Haven Building Division, through eSuite, allows contractors to retrieve inspection results and check status of permit applications. In addition, any member of the public can search in eSuite using the “Public Information Search” to look up information by address, permit number, or permit type. Please click the link below to access the City of Winter Haven eSuite Permit Portal.
If you are unable to activate your account, or are a new contractor, please contact the City of Winter Haven Building Division at (863) 291-5695.
To obtain a building permit in Winter Haven, contractors must be licensed by the State of Florida and registered contractors must be licensed by the Municipal Board of Examiners of Polk County. Contractors must register with the Winter Haven Building Division before a building permit will be issued. Required registration documents include a copy of state or local license, proof of workers’ compensation or workers’ compensation exemption, and liability insurance. Registration is free.
Business Tax Receipts
The Building Division issues Business Tax Receipts to those operating a commercial and/or residential business within the city limits of Winter Haven.
Prior to applying and paying for a Business Tax Receipt, it should be determined if the business meets the Winter Haven zoning requirement for the business location and if any Federal and/or State certification or inspections are required. If the business name is different than your legal name, it is required the business name be registered with the Florida Division of Corporations and proof of active registration must be provided.
Home businesses are also required to provide proof of residency at the location where the business will operate.
- Business Tax Receipt Application
- Business Tax Receipt Check List
- Peddlers Business Tax Receipt Application
Permitting and Inspection Information
Building permits are issued Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Email and supply the following information:
- Permit Number
- Site Address
- Type of Inspection Requesting
- Contact Number
- Date of Inspection
An inspection can also be requested by calling (863) 298-7598.
This number is answered by voicemail 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All requests for inspections must be made by 7 a.m. the day the inspection is desired. For Fire Inspections, please allow 48 hours for inspection to be scheduled.
All required documentation (approved plans, truss engineering, permit placard, etc.) must be on the job site, accessible to the inspector, and protected from the weather. Any deviation may result in work delays and/or re-inspection fees imposed.
Building Division Forms and Applications
- Building Division Permit Application
- Contractor Registration Requirements
- County & City Impact Fees for Single Family
- Demolition Permit Application-r5.7.20
- Dock Requirements
- Driveway Connection Approval Application
- Notice of Commencement
- Owner Disclosure Statement
- Re-Roof Affidavit
- Residential Swimming Pool Safety Requirements
- Sign Permit Requirements
- Submittal Requirements
- Tent Permit Application
- Building Officials Association of Florida
- Florida Building Code Information System – BCIS
- Florida Building
- ICC International Code Council
- Polk County Business Tax Receipts
- Florida Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco
- Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation
- Florida Division of Corporations
- Florida Division of Hotels and Restaurants (Food Service)
- Florida Department of Motor Vehicles