The City of Winter Haven Water would like to welcome Foggy to the team!
Foggy is a full of tips and tricks on how we can keep our sanitary sewer system flowing and our wastewater treatment facilities running as they should. Foggy represents FATS, OILS, and GREASE and other unwanted items that put down the drains all over the city! Better known and FOG. When F.O.G. combines it can create major backups within the sanitary sewer system.
(Drawing credit goes to Matt James, Utility Service Worker I)
Fats, oils, grease (FOG) and food scraps don’t mix well with water.
When flushed down the drain, these materials can build up, blocking the sewer lines and cause raw sewage to overflow into your home, lawn, streets and even the lakes.
A clogged sewer line can be expensive to fix for you and the City of Winter Haven. If the blockage is on private property, repairs are the responsibility of the property owner.
- Pour fats, oil, grease or food scraps down any drain in your home.
- “Flushable” wipes…. NOT flushable! Flushing anything other than toilet paper after using the restroom is not advised!
- Wipe grease and food from pots and plates and other cooking items into the garbage.
- Pour large amounts of cooking oils into a collections container before placing in the garbage, or to reuse it for another time!
The City has a “Preferred Hauler Program” where registered vendors are suggested to pump out and dispose of grease trap/interceptor contents in an acceptable manner.
For More Information, including forms to become a preferred hauler, click on the forms below:
- What is F.O.G.
- Pump Out Report 2017
- Preferred Hauler Program 2017
- Preferred Haulers List 2017
- Preferred Hauler Registration