Emergency Rental Assistance Program
Polk’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) received $1million in funding from the federal Emergency Rental Assistance program. Up to $12,000 in assistance may be paid directly to landlords, property management and utilities companies on behalf of qualifying Polk County residents. For consideration, tenant must be delinquent on rent or utilities at the time of application.
An “eligible household” is defined as a renter household in which at least one or more individuals meets the following criteria:
• A current resident of Polk County
• Qualifies for unemployment due to COVID‐19, has experienced a reduction in household income due to COVID‐19, incurred significant costs due to COVID‐19 or experienced a financial hardship due to COVID‐19
• Demonstrates a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability (including eviction notice, utility shutoff notice, past due rent notice, past due utility notice, or any other evidence of unsafe or unhealthy living conditions or housing stability)
• Priority will be given to a tenant(s) with income less than 50 percent of the area median income and unemployed for 90 days
• Has a household income at or below 80% of the Area Median Income.
• Rental arrears, including contracted late fees
• Utility arrears (includes electricity, gas, and water)
For More information and to apply for these benefits please click here