WaterSense® Toilet Rebate
Click here for the application: Toilet Rebate Application
The City of Winter Haven is currently offering up to $100 rebate to replace high-flow toilets using 3.5 gallons or more per flush with 1.28 gallons per flush WaterSense® toilets.
Participation will help Winter Haven meet its water conservation goals and could save you water and money on your utility bill.
- Active City of Winter Haven Water Utility customer
- Toilet being replaced is 3.5 gallons per flush or greater (If home was built before 1994, and the toilet has not been replaced since 1995, then toilets will qualify)
- Old toilet(s) will NOT be re-installed at any location, and will be rendered unusable or disposed of
- New toilet is a 1.28 gallons per flush WaterSense® labeled toilet
- Limit 2 toilets per household for residential
How to tell whether your toilet qualifies for the rebate:
- If your home was built in or before 1989, and no one has installed new toilets since, then your toilets are high-flow and qualify.
- If your home was built in or after 1995, or you purchased and installed new toilets in or after 1995, then your toilets are already low-flow and do not qualify.
- If your home was built in 1990-1994, or if you installed toilets in those years, or you don’t know whether new toilets have been installed, look at the toilet to determine whether it’s high or low flow:
- Look right behind the seat hinge on the bowl to see if there is a label with the “gpf” listed.
- If the gpf is 3.5, 5, or 7, then your toilet is high-flow and qualifies.
- If the gpf is 1.6 or 1.28 then your toilet is low-flow and does not qualify.
- If there is no gpf listed, go to the next step.
- Take the tank lid off and check the inside back of the toilet tank for the manufacture’s date stamp, which is usually stamped directly into the porcelain.
- If the year is 1989 or before then your toilet qualifies.
- If the year is 1990-1994, and there are no other marks on the toilet to indicate gallons per flush or gpf, then the toilet qualifies.
- If the year is 1995 – present, then your toilet is low-flow and does not qualify.